Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Small Victories

Those of you who know me know I'm an introvert.  

Those of you who don't know me, I'm an introvert.  

As is typical of most introverts, phone calls are difficult for me.  It's been this way for my entire life.  The greatest invention ever in the mind of an inny -- as we refer to ourselves -- is the technology which makes texting possible.  However, some things can't be texted.  Certain business calls, for example. 

I've been needing to call a plumber for quite a while now.  I've also been needing to call the washing machine repairman.  And an oral surgeon.  And the eye doctor.  But I want to go ahead and get this sink unclogged before Thanksgiving, if I can.  What with Cody and Brennan coming and all.   

Every day at work, I tell myself when I get off, I'm going to call the plumber, and I'm going to call the washing machine repairman.  I even stand there and rehearse the phone calls -- when I'm not mentally debunking Facebook memes, that is. 

Every day when I get home, I don't. I don't call the plumber.  I don't call the washing machine repairman.  I tell myself I just need a minute to unwind before I call, then I don't call at all.  I've made progress, though.  At least I got their numbers stored in my phone now.  

Today was no exception.  I stood there at work all day long intending to call at least one of them.  But when I got home...I didn't.  I even picked up my phone and pulled up my contacts...then put the phone back down.  

Sigh...

Then I picked the phone back up and called to make an appointment for my eye checkup.  And I thought, "That's one..."  There are three more calls I need to make, but those didn't happen today. 

I will try again tomorrow.  


And finally, it's Wednesday, and that means, whiskers!  

I've got to get better at posting Whiskers On Wednesday.  I will get better at posting Whiskers On Wednesday, now that I have someone with whiskers again.  



1 comment:

Otter said...

I'm with you on the phone calls. Especially when it's not a dire need. I am four years late on one call I need to make. I am prepared with the cash and the number, and just cannot make the call. No one understands it.