Tuesday, November 17, 2020

So That's Why!

Well, I figured out why I'd been feeling so run down lately.  Yep, you guessed it.  Yesterday afternoon the epizoodies I'd been battling for the last several days morphed into a full blown head cold.  Now, having a cold is bad enough, but having a cold during a pandemic is ...well...it's something else entirely.  I kept running round sniffing stuff to make sure I could still smell, obsessively feeling my face to see if I had fever.  Is that a dry cough?  Is it a cold, or the COVID?  

I took some of the green elixir of death -- also known as NyQuil -- before I went to bed, and I feel much better today, despite being pretty stuffed up still.    

This morning when I got up, I took my temperature, because I was feeling feverish.  Turns out, my temp was normal.  It was just cold in the house, and no wonder.  It had gotten down into the low 30s last nigh.  I wanted so badly to stay home and in the bed, I was almost hoping I had a wee bit of a temp.  Alas, it was perfectly normal, which meant I couldn't justify staying home, so off to work I went.  Turns out that was a good thing, because today was our annual employee Thanksgiving dinner. I don't know who catered it, but I need to find out.  All the food was good, but the mashed potatoes were, as my coworker put it, the bomb dot com.  I don't know what they put in them to make them so good, but they were delicious.

I'm feeling the need to go to bed early tonight, so this is going to be brief.  However, I will leave you with a couple of pictures of my Whatever cacti, which are starting to bloom. 



Good night, gentle readers.  


No comments: