Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Dentists And Socks

 I had to go to the dentist yesterday.  I'd actually intended to blog about it, but it didn't seem to fit into yesterday's post anywhere.  I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short.  Even with these shorter shifts, I feel so rushed all the time.  I always seem to have so much I need to do, and never enough time to get it all done.

But as I was saying, I had to go to the dentist yesterday, because I had a toothache.  Turns out I had some decay under a filling, so he needed to pull the old filling out, clean out the decay, and replace the filling.  No big deal.  Routine dental work.   My tooth is already feeling better.  Still a bit sore, but much better than it was.  

He did tell me that if it acts up again, the next step would be to get a root canal and a crown.  I'm hoping I can hold off a couple of years on that, though.  We'll just have to see. 

This afternoon, I was there at work, just a working away, when my coworker said, "Becky, did you know [Other Coworker] has the corona?"  No, I hadn't known that.  They used to tell us any time someone had tested positive.  They couldn't tell us who, but they'd at least tell us someone in...say, tubing for example, had a a positive test, and go over the timeline with us.  Not so any more.  If my friend hadn't told me, I'd have never known.

And I went to the dentist yesterday!  

Now, the coworker who has the corona works a ways away from me, so it's highly unlikely I've been exposed, but what if I had?  What if I had unknowingly exposed everyone in the dentist office?  They need to tell us these things!  They don't even tell us how many cases we've had any more.  Last I heard, it was 71, and that was back in August.  I'm sure it's up over 100 at least by now. 

In more pleasant news, I found a couple of partially knit socks stuffed into a project bag. 


 The blue one, I'm going to finish that pair as is, but the tan and green one, I'm going to rip and start over.  The pattern is one that was written by my dear friend Suzie.  She'd originally written a 64 stitch cast on, but that wouldn't fit over my gigantic heels.  I'd tried to adapt her pattern to a 72 stitch cast on, but it just wasn't working out right on the top of the foot.  Now that I've found my Chinese Waitress cast on, which is so much stretchier than most other cast ons, I'm going to rip it all out and knit it with her original 64 stitch cast on. Maybe I'll finally get them done. 


And finally, if you really want to thank a veteran, be the kind of American who is worth fighting for. 




No comments: