Friday, August 23, 2019

The Last Book

People can be such twits, I'm telling ya. 

We have this one lady at work...I call her Lazy L, because she has two speeds:  Super slow motion, and super duper slow motion.  She is not a nice person.  She's one of those folks who is always trying to stir up stuff.  She's a liar and an instigator.

I got into it with her a few weeks ago.  See, the line I braze for was down waiting on parts -- parts I didn't even have to braze for them.  I went into the tubing department, and found the headers I needed.  I carried the box to Lazy L and said, now mind you, I was perfectly polite and respectful about it...I said, "Can you do these for me real quick, please?"   

She got all irate, and started screaming and hollering, saying "NO!  I do them in the order they send them down the line!"  I said, "But, the line is down waiting on them."  She yelled, "I don't know nothing about that!" and went on doing what she was doing.

I went back to my stand, but another employee went and got Group Leader.  She got the box of parts and took them to Lazy L, telling her to do them -- only she wasn't nearly as nice as I was.  That made Lazy L mad, so she stood there just glaring at me.  I guess she thought she was going to intimidate me, but I just laughed at her.

Another time, I was hunting some adapter tubes.  I grabbed the hook the parts stagers use to pull the bins down the line, only the parts in the bin I pulled weren't the ones I needed.  I hung the hook back where I found it and walked off.  Lazy L started shouting that I'd put the hook in the wrong place.  Since I'd put it right back where I'd found it, I figured she's just trying to start something, so I ignored her and walked off.  Another employee asked what was going on, and Lazy L said, "I told that old b*tch..."  I turned around and said, "Excuse me?"  She said, "I said Becky.  I said that old Becky."  If she said that, how did she even know what I was talking about?  I said, "You'd better watch your mouth!"  And she popped back, "YOU better watch YOUR mouth!" like she was threatening me.  Yeah, good luck with that. 

There have been other incidents with her.  She's run off so many employees, because she's so hard to work with.  I heard one girl tell Supervisor she wasn't working over there any more, and if Sup didn't move her, she'd quit.  She's always trying to stir up crap and push people into reacting.  One of these days, she's going to push someone too far, and end up getting her tail end whipped.

One of my fellow sub brazers' birthday is next month.  Since it's her big Five Oh, we were planning a surprise party for her.  We were all sneaking around, trying to be secretive and all.  Only yesterday morning, guess who blabbed to her about it.  On purpose, too.  Now, why would you do something like that?  She was just trying to mess up our surprise, because she's just sorry. 

Some people are like that. 

In better news, the book of technical and dexterity exercises I'd ordered got here today.


It's actually three books combined into one:  Hanon The Virtuoso Pianist, Czerny Practical Method, and Schmitt Op 16 Preparatory.  The only complaint I have about it is I wish it were spiral bound.  The way it is bound, the pages don't stay open.  I put a binder clip on it, but that isn't helping much. 


I'm hoping with time, the binding will loosen, and the book will stay open better.  In the meantime, I'm thinking I may just run off copies on my scanner to make it easier to play.  So to speak.


Rylea has decided she likes to lay under my piano, both when I am playing, and when I'm not.


It's almost like I have a fan. 

A fan who sometimes walks out on me....

Little butt. 







No comments: