Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Just Like That

Just like that, it's back to being summer. 


And just like that, we're all back to hating Port Isaac.


But not Fairbanks, because they have to deal with Alaska winters.  We'll give them a pass.

It was so hot in the plant today, when I came out of the break room after 2:30 break, my glasses fogged up. 

It was so hot, I began sending subliminal hints to The Boss Who Must Not Be Named to bring us popsciles.  Like a man lost in the desert crying "water, water," every time I saw him, I called out  "Popsicle!  Popsicle!"  It must have worked, because along about 3:00, he brought us some.

I'm sure you will all be pleased to know, I managed to consume mine without choking on the juice this time. 

It got up to 96' at my work station today -- inside a supposedly air conditioned plant. The bad news is, it's supposed to be even hotter next week. 

You know you live a sad and pathetic life when the most exciting thing that happens is you get to come straight home after work.  Let's see, yesterday I had to vote, which wouldn't have taken nearly as long if I hadn't yapped so long with my friend afterward.  Monday, I had to go pay a bill.  I sat there in the parking lot after work, wondering if I could put it off.  It's not due until Friday, after all.

Then I said to myself, "Self, might as well go and get that there bill paid, and you can check the cotton fields on that road on the way." 

Then I said to myself, "Seriously, Self?  You want to check the cotton fields?"  Truly, I should have been a farmer.   Or a farmer's wife.  Or a cattle rancher.  Or a shrimping boat captain.  Or a hermit.

You know, they say to get a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life.  That's my conundrum.  I love the actual work that I do.  I love brazing, and can't imagine myself doing anything else -- except maybe being a farmer.  Or a farmer's wife.  Or a cattle rancher.  Or a shrimping boat captain.  Or a hermit. 

I love brazing.  It's the toxic environment out at the plant I hate. 



The unorganization.  The clutter.  The disorder.  The way they have us jammed into our work space like sardines. 

The attitude of the management towards the employees.  Seriously.  I've never worked in a place that acted so much like they hate the people who work for them.   They act like the want us to hate working there, and they work hard making sure we do.  Hate working there, that is. 

And I do.  I hate it there.  I can't wait to get out, and never go back!

Hmmm, I wonder how much shrimping boats cost? 


1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Your work place reminds me of a few places I've worked at in the past. And maybe a current situation at the head office. Why does it happen? I just can't understand.

I had to LOL about the popsicles. Someone at work brought popsicles and they are sitting in the freezer. It's a nice treat!