Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Primary

Today is primary day in several states, mine included. 

No photo description available.


I voted, and I got a sticker.  I told my friend who works the polls that everyone between the polling place and my house is going to know I voted.  Which is only about a mile and a half.  But look!  I got a sticker!

People tend to not vote in primaries as much as they should.  I don't know why.  They are just as important as the general election in November.  Here's the thing...if you're tired of the same old same old...

If you're tired of the brown water coming out of your taps,
If you're tired of potholes that'll jar your fillings right out of your teeth,
If you're tired of our hit and miss trash pickup,
If you're tired of the way things are in general,

Then you need to get out an vote in the primaries.  Nothing's going to change if you keep voting for the same people over and over and over...

But enough about that.

My friend, the one that works the polls, she's the same one I used to get together and knit with - - long, long ago.  OK, we've done it twice, and it wasn't that long ago, but we keep saying we're going to get together again.  I just don't know when.   Maybe work will slow down soon.  I want to show her that new cast on I recently learned, the one I use for all my hats now.

She has family in El Paso, too, and they're all safe.  I was telling her about my brother, and how they always go to that Walmart on Saturday mornings, and I'm telling you, I broke out into a cold sweat just thinking about how close he came to being there.  I'm so thankful he's safe. 

By the way, I don't think the birds like my new squirrel proof feeder.  They've cleaned out the old one I hung by my kitchen window, but haven't touched the new one. 

Eh, maybe they'll get used to it soon. 

No comments: