Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow Day

Despite a final tally of 5 1/2 inches of snow,



we didn't get one.   Schools were closed.  The doctor's office was closed.  Everywhere was closed.  Even the highway department was closed. 

But ADP was open, so out into the cold I went.

As I predicted, half the plant didn't show up.  Even my supervisor wasn't there.  Group Leader Fernando wasn't there, either.  Former Group Leader Rod said he wasn't there.

"You don't think he's coming?" I asked.

"I know he's not coming," Rod replied.  "He rides with me, and I called him this morning and told him I wasn't coming down there to get him."

"Some brother you are!"  I said.

On the way out the door, I took one last photo of the snow before it all melted.



This is the part of snow that I don't like.  When it starts melting and turns into a muddy, shushy mess.  I think snow should just suddenly vanish. 

All day long, I was thinking, "At least I have The Big Bang Theory and Vikings to look forward to", but when I got home, the cable was out.  I was a bit bummed, but at least I never lost my electricity.  So many people in the area have been without power since yesterday.  (That may be why the cable is out, too.)

I still have internet, so tonight is a Netflix night.  Currently viewing season 5 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. 

And knitting.  Always with the knitting...

No comments: