Monday, February 16, 2015

Oh, The Weather


Outside is frightful.  If I had a fire, it'd be delightful.

It rained pretty much all day, and by the time we got off of work, the temp had dropped, and ice was starting to build up.  Around 5-ish, the rain stopped, so I bundled up and went outside to refill the bird feeder.  While I was out there, I decided to go ahead and scrape the ice off my truck, so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning.  I got my windows cleared and my doors opened -- I had to pour water over them to melt enough ice to get them open-- and wouldn't you know it... it started raining again. 

It seems the rain is done for now, so I guess I'll go back out and see what the damage is.  I'm tellin' ya, it's cold out there.  I had a towel that I was drying my windows with, and I dropped it into a puddle.  I set it on the hood of my car, and within 5 minutes, it had started to freeze to the metal. 

The bad part is, all my Facebook friends are posting lovely photos of snowscapes, and all I get is ice.  And cold.  Bone chilling cold and dampness.

But in the midst of all this, my crazy Whatever Cactus has started to bloom again.


I finally got the plants from my uncle's funeral repotted.  


That's about all I have for you today. 

No comments: