Friday, February 13, 2015

A Nice Surprise

There was a box waiting for me when I got home from work.  I large box.  I was a bit confused, as I hadn't ordered anything -- especially not something that big.   Curiously, I looked at the label, trying to figure out from where this large box had come.  Then I saw it:  Lennox, Intl. 

It was my coffee maker! 

This was a nice surprise, because the confirmation e-mail I had gotten said it wouldn't even be shipped until Feb 20.    Wrestling the large box inside my house, I eagerly cut open the tape, and yes, there it was!  My coffeemaker!!


I set the mill aside for now, because I've still got plenty of already ground coffee to use up first.   I'll get back to it later.


I got a bit of a chuckle at these:  


Nevertheless, I wanted to savor the experience, so I followed them exactly.  After getting the coffeemaker out of the box and all unpacked, I followed the manufacturer's recommendation and ran a carafe of plain water through it to clean out any dust that may have settled during shipping and such.


Even though I know I'm going to regret it later, as I'll be up half the night from the caffeine, I couldn't wait until morning to enjoy my first cup of coffee.  


On the bright side, I'll get plenty of knitting done!!

No comments: