Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Surprise!

Saturday afternoon, I was sitting in my recliner, knitting on Beverly's Christmas present


and watching Arkansas lose to South Carolina,  I heard a banging at my front door.

Wondering who in the world would be banging at my front door on a Saturday afternoon during a football game --as everyone who knows me knows not to interrupt a football game-- I got up to open the door, only to find my son standing on the other side!  He'd come home for the weekend.

What a nice birthday surprise.

When he left Sunday afternoon, he wanted to take his PS3 with him.  I'm not really a game player, so all I was using it for was to watch DVDs and stream Netflix and Amazon.  So, he took it, and today I went to the store and got a new DVD/Blu-Ray/streaming thing.

I debated a long time which one to get, but finally chose the one I did because it was the only one that had the Amazon symbol on the box.  I wanted to make sure I got one that would stream Amazon Instant Videos, because I'm phasing out my Netflix.  I've already dropped my DVD account, and if Amazon keeps adding more old TV shows, I might end up dropping the streaming account, too.


Well, when I got home, a brief moment of panic ensued when I couldn't find my HDMI cable.  I finally located it in what used to be Cody's room, and has now become my storage room.  I really need to get that room cleaned out.

But we won't talk about that right now.

At last the errant HDMI cable was located, and the gazillion character WiFi password entered, and we have streaming!  Not just Amazon and Netflix, but YouTube and Pandora, too.  And a couple more things I still have to figure out.

As I type, I'm rocking to Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Pandora.

Speaking of Thanksgiving...yes, I was, weren't you listening?  Oh, wait, that was my conversation with myself.

Sometimes people ask me why I talk to myself and I reply, "Because it's the only way to have an intelligent conversation around here."  That usually shuts them up.

Back to Thanksgiving, I woke up this morning and realized that after today, I only have two more work days until we get the week off for Thanksgiving.  I wonder if they're going to give us another 20 lb turkey this year.  Heck, I still have soup in my deep freeze from two years ago.

Let's just say, when the economy collapses, I'll have enough turkey soup to last me for a while. 

Now I'm going to go play with my new toy some more, so I'll leave you with this:


Thanksgiving/Christmas/whatever cactus.  


No comments: