Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sunshine Patriots

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

It would seem that there are some sunshine patriots in our midst.  If you believe it's over, if you believe America is done, if you believe we might as well bow our heads and submit and affix the shackles to our own ankles, then go from us in peace.  May your chains sit lightly upon you and may posterity forget ye were our countrymen.

But for those of us who still believe in freedom, for those of us who still love liberty, for those of us who still believe there are ten righteous men, we will take up the flag that you have tossed to the ground.  Go from us in peace.  We ask not your counsel or arms. 


I have not yet begun to fight.

We will work tirelessly to restore liberty.  We will work tirelessly for our children's and our grandchildren's future.  We will succeed. 

No, it won't be easy.  No, it won't happen tomorrow. In fact, it may not happen in our lifetimes, but we will be free again.  Because liberty comes from God, and it cannot be taken from us unless we give it up. 

If you've given up, then go away.  I don't need your defeatist attitude or your negativity.  Because I still believe.
 
 Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

And we will triumph.

We will be America again.

And that's a fact.

*No, I didn't reference any of the quotes because if you don't already know who said them, then you are part of the problem.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Well since we all know you are talking about me, don't worry, I have deleted FMF from my bookmarks and will not be back where I am obviously not welcome.

Hey Becky, I voted the same way you did but after 29 years I guess this is where we part company. You could have taken the high road and lifted up a fellow patriot and once-RL friend with a pep talk, but instead of caring about what I might be going through offline, you chose to insult me with a passive-aggressive screed about "sunshine patriots." If you think America can survive after two elections have been stolen for a card-carrying communist, more power to you.

I will still fight winnable battles in my own way, using my own strengths, but alongside allies who support their own, of which there are LOTS.

Oh and guess what: you too are now part of the problem, the Democrats' "divide and conquer" strategy. Good job, sending away your only public ally on your own blog.