Friday, July 13, 2012

Flowers on Friday

Unless you've been living under a rock, you will know that it has been very hot lately.  How hot?  So hot that my Four O'Clocks haven't been opening until 9:30.

But with the rain we've been getting these last few days, it's cooled off considerably this week.  I walked out this evening and found a Four O'Clock open.  And it was only 7:30.


And for your viewing pleasure, some more photos of my flowers.

I'm not sure what this is.  It was in that packet of wildflower mix seeds that I planted.  I think it's some sort of sunflower, but I don't really know.  I like it, though.  I'm going to try to collect the seeds so I can plant some again next year.


Zinnias and Marigolds


Verbena

Another Four O'Clock


And the ubiquitous petunias.


I think next year, I'm not going to put any petunias in the ground, just in pots.  The ones in the pots are doing so much better.

Things are still up in the air at work...that is, no official announcement has been made.  However, the rumor mill is operating at full capacity.  Oh, don't worry.  As far as I know, nobody's job is on the line.  There has just been some rearranging in some of the management positions. I'll be sure to keep you updated as things develop.

Finally, I think I'm going to have to take my hit counter off of my blog.  It's almost depressing how few hits my blog gets these days.  I'm sure some of it is due to the use of feed readers, but that's not all of it.  I think it's because I'm one of those persons that, no matter how nice I try to be, people just don't like me.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe I'm too dull.  Maybe I just rub people the wrong way.

Maybe it's because I have so little tolerance for the stupidity that is so prevalent in society these days. 

Or maybe it's because I have such a difficult time being two-faced.  I'm not one of those people who can smile and be all friendly to your face, then talk about how much I hate you behind your back.  If I hate you, I'm going to hate you to your face.

Anyway, no matter.  I have discovered one thing, though.  The posts are so much easier to write when the TV is kept off all day.

The good news is, football starts next month!

Life!  Life!  Give my creation life!!!

OK, I think that means it's time for bed...

Or my medication.  One of the two.

No comments: