Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oodah Lolly, Oodah Lolly

Golly what a day.

It all started at 4:30, when I had to get out of bed. 

You know it's going to be rough when getting out of bed at 4:30 is the high point of your day. 

So, I get out of bed at 4:30 and yes, at 4:35 I am scrubbing dog poop out of the carpet.  Rylea does this every 6 months or so.  She gets a stomach upset and has accidents in the house. It usually only lasts a couple of days, but it's no fun for either of us.

Then I went to work and worked my usual 9 hour day.  I left work and went straight to the dentist.  There was good news and bad news.  The good news is that he didn't see any sign of an abscess.  The bad news is, he thinks my wisdom tooth may be acting up.  If it is pressing against that nerve, it'll cause pain throughout my lower jaw, and up into my ear and down into my neck.  So, no root canal right now, but I have to look at the possibility of having to get that wisdom tooth cut out. 

I left the dentist and went to get my state inspection sticker, which was 4 months overdue.  The guy didn't inspect my Jimmy, but hey, everyone knows it's just another tax anyway.  Still, it's good to be legal. 

Once I'd done that, I went to Wal-mart to get a gallon of milk.  On the way, I noticed Jimmy was running hot again.  I got my milk and headed home, praying I'd get there.  I barely did.  Jimmy died just as I was turning it into my driveway.  I noticed that Mike and Dennise's van was next door, so I ran over to deliver the blankety blank cross stitch stitch, which was very well received. 

While I was there, I asked James to come look at my Jimmy.  Michael, bless his heart-- he means well, but he tends to go straight into worst-case-scenario-panic-mode.  He gets so spastic, that I can't even think when he's in that state.  I mean, he was calling around trying to find me a new motor, before we'd even figured out what the problem was.  Thank goodness, Dennise was ready to go home. 

Once they were gone, James and I figured out the problem-- the radiator was clogged up.  So I called a few auto parts houses-- did you get that?  I called, as in on the TELEPHONE!  I found a new radiator and he and I put it in.  I'm good to go.  Now, the important thing to remember is that I had gone straight from work into town, then straight over next door.  Which means, I hadn't eaten anything since lunch at 11:00 AM. 

So, finally, we got the new radiator in and leak checked.  Tired, hungry, dirty and sweaty, I went home and after

getting up at 4:30
working a 9 hour day
going to the dentist
getting an inspection sticker
going to Wal-mart
going to the auto part house
replacing a radiator
not eating for 8 1/2 hours

I get to clean up more doggie poop. 

Ain't life grand?

1 comment:

Bag Blog said...

Sounds like a full day. I hate it when I have to worry about a vehicle and will I make it home. I'm glad you gotter' done.


Related Posts with Thumbnails