Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm Back!

Didja miss me?

I've kind of neglected the blog for a few days.  This cold/sinus/allergy thing really threw me for a loop this last week or so.  Even after I started feeling better, my head still stayed so clogged up that I just didn't care about anything.  I got up, survived the work day, then came home and just collapsed. I didn't want to do anything.  I did manage to rouse myself long enough to make peanut butter cookies for Former Group Leader Rod's birthday on Thursday, but that's about it.  I was just bleh all around.

But then, I got up this morning, and, like magic, it was all gone.  No congestion.  No constant sneezing.  No drippy nose. No nothing.  Just normal me.

Um, no comments from the peanut gallery...

So, what have I done since I talked with you last?  Well, let's see...I finished a soldier hat.


Then I cast on another one,


and finished it.



So, these two, along with the one I finished last week makes three that are ready to go.


But three hats aren't nearly enough, so I cast on another one.


This one is the Hurricane Hat pattern, in my Cowboy Way yarn. 

But surely you must think that I didn't spend all of the last several days knitting hats!  And you would be absolutely right!

I gave myself a pedicure-- of sorts...


This is the Pink Radiance by Avon.  See, I wasn't sure if this was something I'd want to keep up, never having been interested in having painted toenails before.  So I bought cheap polish from Wal-mart.  But a comment from an old friend about painted toenails being hot inspired me to give it a go.  So I got this.  Note that I'm getting a bit better at painting them.  My toes no longer look like they were painted by a 4 year old.  Now they look like they were painted by a 5 year old. 

Hey, it's progress.

Um, OK, moving right along...

I got most of my dress sewn.


I still need to go into town and get a zipper (darn small print) and hem the thing.  Then I'll need to knit a shrug or something to wear over it.  Call me old fashioned.  Call me a prude.  Call me whatever you want, but I still believe women should dress modestly, especially at church.  Even worse than the boys showing up in shorts and flip flops are the teenage girls who show up half naked.  That's why I'm always so glad when it starts to get cold.  The girls put clothes on. 

Speaking of cold, look what I got!


This is my *ahem* Christmas gift from my younger brother and sister in law.  Yes, I got it in July.  I'm just glad I'm not the only one who does that...I think I'll hang this one in the living room, and move the plain round one that is in the living room now into--um, another room. Somewhere.

The bear and I wore our matching shirts today.


He finally has a name, by the way.  We argued over it, and I lost. 

Yes, I lost an argument with a teddy bear.  Has there ever been anyone else who has done that?  But look at it this way, it makes me unique in all the world!  It went something like this:

Me:  I still need to give you a name.

Bear:  I want to be named Rodney.

Me:  You can't be named Rodney.  I already have a Rodney.

Bear:  I want to be Rodney, too! 

Me:  What about Miles?

Bear:   Rodney!

Me:  Dez?

Bear:  Rodney!

Me:  Jason?  Tony?  DeMarcus?

Bear:  RODNEY! 

Me:  Has there ever even been a Dallas Cowboy named Rodney?

Needless to say, the bear is now named Rodney.  I'll call him Roddy, to differentiate him from the other Rodney, whom I've had since I was 16.  I need to dig him out one day and tell you the story of how I got him.

Meanwhile, Rylea says, "I sure hope you don't get any ideas about dog shirts..."

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I get regular pedicures as a treat for myself. Besides I can no longer see my toes or reach them.

Becky G said...

One day, I want to get a professional pedicure. Right now, the money just isn't there.