Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Stuff

Spent the entire day watching football. I think it's a good thing I'm not a professional sports writer, because I have to think about things before I can write a story. I'll see if I can get one up tomorrow. For now, check out my new knitting project:


This is Kernel from the new knitty. The yarn is Knit Picks Shadow in Snorkel, and I'm knitting with size 4 needles. I'd probably be a lot farther along if I didn't keep stopping to admire the pattern.

A couple of weeks ago, the Cowboys Pro shop was having a 20% off sale. Combine that with my 15% off for being a fan club member, and that was 35% off any order. How could I resist?

This arrived two weeks ago. I'd meant to post about it, but that was the day before we lost Katie, and it suddenly didn't seem so important. Still, I wanted to show it off since I finally got to wear it for real today.

Cowboys

8 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Nice! And now I have to go toddle off and take a look at the new Knitty. Woot! New patterns!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Cindy!

SJ said...

Ooh, pretty. I totally forgot to check knitty! I've been checking in occasionally and saw your post about Katie. I'm so sorry for your loss and only wish I knew what else to say!

We are excited for football season here too. Of course, we're Patriots fans, but we watch all the games and get excited for every bit of it. Hoping for a great season!

Becky G said...

Thanks, SJ.

I am sort of a Patriots fan. It depends on who they are playing. I'm a fan of anyone playing against the Steelers!

SJ said...

Ha ha. I have a lot of friends who are Steelers fans because I went to school a couple of hours from Pittsburgh. I couldn't NOT follow them while I was there (was never a true fan though) and now tend to go back and forth between liking and hating them! Ultimately, though, I usually end up hoping they lose too. :)

Becky G said...

Back in the 70s I was a rabid Steelers hater. More recently, I've returned to those roots, not because of the team, but because Steelers fans can be SOOOOO obnoxious. My Director Of Human Resources is a Steelers fan, and he is such a jerk! Well, he's that way anyways, but you know what I mean. He singlehandedly turned me back into an Anti-Steeler.

Patch said...

I saw a Cowboys Nerf football at the antique store last Thursday and thought of you. I almost got it but didn't have an extra 6 bucks on me, sorry. Plus I figured you already had one in your collection anyway.

Becky G said...

Patch, thanks for thinking of me, and you're right. I have one already.

Miss you on Facebook, but hey I understand. It's not for everybody.