Saturday, September 19, 2009

Football Kind Of Day

It's been a football kind of day today. I started off watching Notre Dame vs. Michigan State, but switched over to catch the last few minutes of the Washington Huskies upset of #3 USC. It was Nick Folk's brother who kicked the game winning field goal for the Huskies. I'm not so much a Huskies fan, but I do like watching teams get upset, unless, of course, it's one of MY teams that's getting beat.

And how did my teams do? They did well. LSU easily defeated the Ragin' Cajuns of La-Lafayette 31-3. Charles Scott scored a touchdown.

(Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)

Trindon Holliday scored, too. Brandon LaFell scored two touchdowns, but I think my new favorite player from LSU is Terence Tolliver.

Louisiana Lafayette v LSU

He didn't score in this game, but he has flair.

After that, I watched Texas defeat Texas Tech 34-24, in a game that was way too close for my comfort. Texas led pretty much the entire game, though Tech scored first, but they never got far enough ahead that Tech couldn't come back.

Texas Tech v Texas

As exciting as it was, I think the most amazing thing about the game was that they actually showed it here. It's hard to get Texas games in this market.

I'm going to head for bed now. Fun as today was, tomorrow is big boy football. But before I go, here is your Gratuitous Colt McCoy photo.

Texas Tech v Texas


P.S. I did knit some, too. Photos soon.

2 comments:

Steve said...

As cool as it was to see the upsets and close games, it made me sad ... a college football playoff would be way cooler!

Becky G said...

I'm kind of torn on that. I think a playoff would be better than what they have now, but I'd hate to lost the history and tradition of the bowl games. Well, the old bowl games--the ones that meant something, not the gajillion bowls they have now.

If they could come up with a playoff system that would still keep the traditions alive, I'd be all for that.