Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just Fine Fiber, Now

Most of you know where the title of my blog comes from -- the three arts in my life. Fine arts. Martial Arts. Fiber arts.

If you've read for any length of time, you know that I have been training in Isshinryu Karate for several years now. I'd trained for 5 years, and had gotten my first degree black belt. About a year ago, I found I had to take a break--for personal reasons, financial reasons, and physical reasons. I'd always planned on going back to class as soon as I could.

This morning I received an e-mail from sensei. He is moving the dojo again, only this time he's moving it to a town about 100 miles away.

No more training. No more Martial.

I'm just Fine Fiber now.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

I'm sorry, Becky. Even if you weren't training actively right now, that's got to be hard.

Some day, though, you may get another opportunity. It was seven years between my first and second iterations as a martial artist. One way or another, I hope you find something that fulfills whatever parts of you training in Isshinryu satisfied.

Becky G said...

Thanks Cindy. It is hard. I wasn't actively training, but I'd always hoped to get back to it someday.