Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Friday Post On A Saturday Morning

I was going to post this last night, but I went to the High School football game, and by the time I got home, I decided I was just too tired. So you get Friday's post on a Saturday morning.

So, I went to the ball game last night, and I must say that the first thing I noticed was the smell. After nearly a month of rain --I think we've had ONE day in the last month when it didn't rain at least some-- the field smelled like swamp. It pretty much looked like one, too. They didn't even have hash marks or numbers on it, because it hasn't stopped raining long enough for the grounds keepers to get them down.

Grenada won, for the third time. Now, this is the team that won one game all of last season, and so far this year, they have won three. They've got a couple of really good running backs that are carrying the load.

But what I really go to see is the band. Last night, the opponent was Vicksburg. Their band also did a halftime show, and I felt so sorry for them. I guess they just weren't used to marching in such muddy conditions, because they were slipping and falling all over the field. One poor girl fell, and must have gotten mud in her flute because she didn't play any more after that. She just kind of marched where she was supposed to and held her flute. Once they were done, we were sure to give them good applause. They deserved it, just for making it through their show.

After that, our band got out there and did their program--well, part of it. They won't reveal the whole program until Band Night, which is usually the second week of October. Cody had told me when they first started learning it that their show was going to be "AWESOME" and he was right. Just what I heard made my neck hairs stand up.

I can't wait until band night, now.

No comments: