Sunday, September 06, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful

time of the year! Well, the second most at least. Not Christmas, but the start of football season! I think I overdosed on college football yesterday. I watched 4, yes 4, count 'em 4 games.

I watched Tennessee slaughter Western Kentucky, then I watched Georgia lose to Oklahoma State, then I watched Alabama vs. Virginia Tech until time for LSU to kick off. Since they were playing on the West Coast (Seattle, WA) kick off wasn't until 9:30 local. The game wasn't over until 1 AM. The commentator kept saying "This LSU defense looks tired." Well, duh, it was after midnight to them. They still won, but did look kind of zombiefied. They should have made that a 1 PM kickoff (Pacific time) instead of a 7:30 kickoff.

I didn't get to see Texas play, as no local station carried the game. I followed them on Yahoo Sports, though, and was glad to see that they won easily. Oklahoma didn't have it so lucky. They lost Sam Bradford to a sprained something or other in his shoulder, then they lost the game to BYU. I don't know yet how long Bradford will be out, but it would seem that they are not the same team without him.

As always, here is your gratuitous Colt McCoy photo:

Louisiana Monroe v Texas

No comments: