Sunday, November 20, 2005

Two Knitting Projects Finished!


Well, I got really busy today and finished off two knitting projects. The first one is a pancho that will be my sister in law's Christmas present. The other one is a sweater for my nephew Andrew. That'll probably be the end of my knitting ventures for 2005. Oh, I've got some scarves and afghans to work on, but I most likely won't get them finished before the end of the year.

Now that these are done, I'll have more time to draw.

Another exciting thing happened today. We got a new puppy. He is half Lab half mutt. He is about 12 weeks old. I'll post pictures of him tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky!

I wandered over from your e-mail on Isshin-ryu women. Hee! Another karate woman who knits! I'm currently working on a holiday sweater (hoping to finish in time for Thanksgiving), and waiting for an order of sock yarn to come in so I can finish the socks I'm making for Sensei for Christmas. (I ran out an inch from the toe of the 2nd sock!)

I find the 5 minute sketches impressive. I can draw pretty well, but it's a very slow process for me.

- btw, my parents are in Brandon, so there's a pretty fair chance I'll be at least in the same state as you a couple times this year, although I don't know where you are exactly.

Cindy in IN

Becky G said...

Cindy, thank you for the comments and the compliments. Yes, I love to knit, though tendonitis keeps me from doing it as much as I'd like to. It always seemed to me to be an odd combination--the violence of a martial art and the nurtuting of knitting something...

I'm in Grenada. If you travel I-55 South to get to Brandon, you will pass right through my town. Next time you head this way, give me a holler. Maybe we can do lunch or something.