Friday, November 25, 2005

Friday Morning

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We did. Cody and I went to my cousin's for dinner. Joining us were her youngest son and his wife, along with their two daughters. Food was abundant. We had turkey, Cornish game hens, dressing, broccoli salad, strawberry jello salad, mandarin orange jello salad, sweet potato delight, squash casserole, cream style corn, rolls, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, cream cheese pie, and apple pie.

Since I was too busy with Thanksgiving preparations, I didn't get to mention anything about my karate class Tuesday night. I learned a little bit more of kusanku kata. There is one part where you have to go down onto one knee like four times in a row. Oh, boy are my thighs sore! I'm having a bit of difficulty with karate right now. We have a couple of students in the class that just drag the whole class down. Of course, sensei won't say anything to them because he doesn't want to lose the money they pay, but with them there, class just isn't any fun any more. Other students feel this way also. One guy said to me, "I wonder what class would be like without them here." I replied, "Like it was before they started." He said, "Oh, it would actually be fun again." I know it sounds almost childish to say it, but knowing they will be there makes me not even want to go. I tell you what is going to happen. Sensei is going to lose his good students, and be left with nothing but students like them. Well, I'll tell you what the deal is. It is a girl and her brother. They don't really have that much interest in karate. The girl is not allowed to date, so she just wanted to join the class so she can flirt with the guys there. And BOY does she FLIRT!!! She doesn't seem to realize that guys are not going to respect her if she just throws herself at them like she does. All they are going to want from her is sex, which they won't get because she is nothing but a big tease. Anyway, her parents wouldn't allow her to join the class unless she brought her brother with her. That's the only reason he is there. She is rude, bossy, and disrespectful, even to the sensei, and the brother is a smart aleck know-it-all. As a yellow belt, he was trying to correct brown belts on a kata he hadn't even learned yet! Yeah, I hate to say it, but I just wish they'd quit.

I didn't get any new sketches done over the last couple of days. I was too busy cooking. I've got a few errands to run today, but I hope to get time to sit down and sketch something really quickly. Oh, it isn't the sketches that take so long. They are over in 5 minutes, after all. It is finding something to sketch that takes forever. Well, I'll find something.

Have a great day.

No comments: