Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Catching up

This is the machine I work on. It is called a Smart Charge. Isn't it funny how everything is either smart or intelligent these days? In my workplace we have a smart charge, intellipack, and smart bagger, just to name a few.

Anyway, the perspective is off on this one, but I want to learn to eyeball perspective for quick sketches, rather than drawing out vanishing points and lines. Many people find perspective to be difficult, but it came rather easily to me. I know you can't tell from this sketch, but I really do have a grasp of the concept.


Another thing I noticed was that my sketches were very light on the computer screen, so I tried to darken the lines. However, this has given them a bit of a cartoony look. It's all part of the learning process, I guess.

It is supposed to get down into the 20's tonight. For Mississippi, that is pretty cold. Some hot chocolate and a nice warm afghan and I'll be set.


Now, a note on knitting. I am also an avid knitter, however, 2005 has not been kind to my knitting projects. In late 2004, I came down with a severe case of tendonitis, which has severely curtailed my knitting abilities. For a while, it was so bad, I couldn't even bend my arm without pain. However, I did do several scarves and washcloths. Here is one of them.

No comments: