Monday, November 21, 2005

Oh yeah, and Sketches, too


So this blog was supposed to be a place to record my daily sketches. I suppose I ought to add them then! I discovered today what a complex piece of flesh the human ear really is. Yes, this one took a bit more than 5 minutes. I was trying to draw it from memory, and it just wasn't turning out right. So I set it aside. After about an hour of covertly studying my co-workers' ears (Uh, Becky, why are you staring at my ear?), I tried again, and came up with the image you see here. Still not right, but it looks a lot better.


Then, in keeping with the idea of the 5 minute sketch, I tried to draw my GMC Jimmy from memory. That's when I realized that I don't even know what my car really looks like. It's a whole lot easier to sketch something out when you can look at it.

Well, back to the drawing board...

1 comment:

Becky G said...

You are so right! Now that I'm getting into drawing, I'm noticing things I didn't before--shapes and shadows and such.

Cute doggy, btw...