Monday, November 21, 2005

Details

I got to looking at the picture of my sister-in-law's poncho and realized that you can't really see the stitch detail. So I took a close up picture of it:

It really isn't a difficult pattern, but it does look mighty fancy.

And, as promised, here is a picture of the new puppy:

His name is Samwise Gamgee, or Sam for short. Yes, he did tiddle on the carpet. The bad news is, Sam has parvo. His previous owners hadn't gotten any of his shots done, so I was planning on taking him in today to get them. But when I got home this afternoon, he was almost lifeless with lethargy, and Cody told me he was refusing to eat, and vomiting. I knew something was pretty seriously wrong. I suspected parvo because of his symptoms, and the vet test confirmed it. It is touch and go for now, and I sure hope the little guy pulls through.

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Poor Sam! Parvo is such an awful thing to go through, both for the puppy and for the owner. Best of luck on nursing him through, he looks like a sweetie!

The poncho stitch is a nice looking one, and I'm biased in favor of the color too. Very nice.

Becky G said...

Thank you for the wellwishes for our Sam. Unfortunately, he didn't make it. Thank you also for the compliment on the poncho.