Saturday, March 25, 2023

What Can You Say?

What can you say after a night like last night?  Anything I talk about will seem trite and trivial by comparison.  

The images that have been coming out from places like Rolling Fork, Winona, and Amory have been simply breathtaking.  Unimaginable devastation and destruction, and so much loss of life.  Last count had 23 fatalities.  And thank you to all of you who messaged or called me to check on me.  I really do appreciate it.  

This crazy girl here lives in Winona, 


but I heard from her last night.  She had gone to a shelter, and is OK, but I haven't heard yet how much damage -- if any -- her home sustained.  The entire town is still without power, but I know several of the churches down there are feeding people, and helping as much as they can, so I'm sure she's being taken care of. 
Heh, the Governor was in Winona for a little while today, and he also went to Rolling Fork and Silver Spring, and I keep imagining her walking right up to him and giving him an earful.  She's never been shy about saying exactly what's on her mind, and that's part of the reason we love her. 

The only other things I've done today, besides grieve for my adopted state, was to get out and scatter my wildflower seeds behind the fence.  We'll just have to see if they grow or not.  Also, I played closet Tetris will all the junk in my junk room floor. 


I still need to organize and cull stuff, but it looks so much better not having the floor all cluttered up. 

Finally, I started watching a new-to-me show on PBS called Vienna Blood.  It's about a cop and a psychiatry student who solve murders in Vienna back in the early 1900s.  It's pretty good so far.  



1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

I think I started watching Vienna Blood a while back.

Then I got hooked on the Dr. Blake series on Britbox.