Sunday, March 19, 2023

Last Day

Today is the last day of my Spring Break, and despite having 9 days off, I'm still not ready to go back to work.  I have got to find myself a sugar daddy or something.  In the meantime, it's back to work I go...

In the current chapter of Why Do I Still Have This?, we have...mix tapes!

I tried to listen to some of them, but the older ones especially are distorted so badly they're essentially unplayable.  I only told a half truth up there.  I do know why I keep these.  Back when I was stationed in Italy, I kept my radio on an Italian station to see if it would help me learn the language.  I figured if I listened to it all the time, it would get inside my head more quickly.  

All that to say, despite not understanding most of the words, there were a couple of songs I really liked.  I managed to record a few of them on a mix tape -- which I now can't find.  I hang on to all my tapes, hoping I'll find the one with the songs on it.  I actually found one of them on YouTube, but I can't remember enough of the words of any of the others to even search for them.  A few years ago, I tried humming the tunes into one of those apps like Spotify or whatever the other one was, but didn't have any luck.  Maybe I'll try again, now that technology has advanced more. 

The good news is, that whole big box of junk has now been reduced to this small box of junk.


I'm pretty sure most of it can be tossed as well.  I'm going to take the empty plastic box and start trying to sort through all this junk next.    

Most of this is knitting projects or yarn, so let's just hope I don't get distracted. 

You know those stickers that people put on their cars that say 13.1 or 26.2?  Those are for people who've run half marathons or marathons.  A few years back, I found one appropriate for me. 

The last thing I did was to get out all the letters I've gotten from my pen pals over the last few years and sort them into stacks.  

All but one of these people has stopped writing.  Heh, one of them closed her letter by saying she was looking forward to many years of writing, and I never got another letter from her.  There are a few of them that only wrote one letter, and then never wrote back, and others I wrote to first who never responded.  I'm beginning to think it's just me. 

Sigh...I've found one new pen pal on the website, but none of the others I've tried contacting has responded.  I might need to see if there is another site I can sign up for -- one that's not locked down so tightly.  The Global Penfriends site has changed since I first signed up for it.  You used to be able to browse people's profiles, but now you have to wait until they send you a match that they pick out.  

I know they do it for security reasons, but it definitely makes it harder to find pen-pals.  

The new season of Call The Midwife and Sanditon start tonight.  I may be paying for it tomorrow, but I'm staying up to watch them tonight.  

No comments: