Friday, March 03, 2023

In Like A Lion

This March has definitely come in like a lion.  We've had some kicking winds out there these last two days.  When I got home from work this afternoon, I had to go hunt down my garbage can.  The wind had blown it into the ditch across the street.  That's a stout breeze, I'm telling you.  Fortunately, we missed out on the severe weather that some parts of the country have gotten. 

March has also brought new life.  I've got this thing coming up in my front flower bed. 


And two more over here, next to that wad of grass. 


I don't even know what it is.  I think it seeded from whatever this was before it died. 


Yes, I know the photo is sideways, but I'm too tired to fix it.  You'll just have to tilt your head.  But no matter...I don't know what that plant was, but it made some pretty flowers. I'm just going to let those grow and see what comes from them, if anything. 

On a completely unrelated note, this popped up in an ad in my Facebook feed.



I got all excited for a moment, thinking I could get one and plant a small vegetable garden.  Then I saw the price:  $2500.  Nope, can't do that.  And no, I won't be building one myself, either.  I'm not that dedicated.  But look at this, I've got a pretty good patch of dandelions coming up.  


The way things are going, I might end up having to harvest them.  Every part of the dandelion is edible but the fluff.  Same with cattails.  I also know where some cattails are.  I might have to harvest some of them, too...but I'll have to be sneaky because they're on ... someone else's land.  

On another completely unrelated note, I got some absolutely mongo grapes last week.  They're mighty sweet, too. 


 And finally, there has been knitting going on as well.  First up, let me show you what I bought today.  


Yes, four of them, because they were marked down to half price!  I got all they had left.  These little striped hats seem to be very popular, so I'm going to knit several of them up for both my coworkers and my Seaman's Church ministry.  


I've also started re-doing the last one of those gigantic headbands.  


I should be able to get it finished tomorrow, because they're pretty quick to knit.  For now, I'm going to bed.  I didn't sleep much last night, because the weather had the cat all upset and she yowled most of the night.  I probably should have let her into the bedroom with me, but I didn't want to get out of bed. 

Serves me right, I guess...

No comments: