Friday, October 21, 2022

Squares!

Here we go!  

Blanket square #12


Square #11

And square #10



Nine more to go.  I have so much stuff I need to be doing, but not going to do any of it.  I'm just going to sit here and knit squares and watch TV. 

In other news, I think I found the part I need to fix my lawnmower.  It's from a newer model, but it looks exactly like the one that goes to my mower.  Same brand.  Same 21" mower deck.  Just a different year. It was only $30 instead of $97, so I took a chance and ordered it.  Hopefully it will fit.  I really need to get my grass knocked down one last time before winter. 

Speaking of winter, it is supposed to warm back up for the next couple of weeks, but it was chilly enough this morning for a nice little fire -- the first one of the year.  I didn't actually use any real firewood, just a bunch of the smaller stuff the storms last week knocked down, but it was enough to knock the chill out of the house.  

Once it had warmed up a bit, I dragged out the old pressure washer and knocked the moss off of my back steps, then moved my houseplants back outside until the next freeze.  One of my friends suggested I spray my bricks down really well with salt water to prevent the moss from coming back, so I did that, too.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Other than that, not much else went on today.  I just piddled around a bit.  Moved some more stuff from the craft room to the cabinet.  Tidied up my shed a bit. You know, just everyday household chores.  

Oh, and I plugged in my telescope using the AC adapted I bought to replace the broken battery pack they wanted $40 to replace.  And it was just a holder.  I still had to buy batteries myself.  But that's not the point.  The point is, the telescope came on and I might just take it out for a run later tonight.  

But for now, I'm going to cast on another blanket square.  

No comments: