Friday, October 07, 2022

I Probably Shouldn't Even

 I probably shouldn't even blog today, I'm so tired.  I don't know what was going on with me last night, but I simply could...not...sleep.  I tossed and I turned and I turned and I tossed, and I checked Facebook, then tossed and turned some more.  As a result, it's 7:30 as I'm typing this, but it feels more like midnight. 

Speaking of, it's getting dark early enough I can get my telescope out at night.  But there is a downside to that.  You remember that fancy schmancy telescope I got last year with my cool points?  Yeah, the wires broke off the battery pack. 


No wires, no power.  No power, I can't move the scope.  I could try to position it manually, I guess, but I can't use the motor.  I've put in a request to customer support, and received a response that it's been forwarded to their parts department.  I haven't heard anything else.  

All isn't completely lost, though.  Even if customer service can't replace the part, I can buy a plug in power supply from Amazon.  With that and an outdoor extension cord -- which I have several of -- I can still use it in my back yard.  If I wanted to go way out into the middle of, say a dark sky preserve, or somewhere like that, I'll have to find some other type of power supply.  

At least this customer service is communicating with me.  I never did hear back from the Rubbermaid people.  I have an old broom handle around here somewhere that I think I can redneck into a support post for that missing part.  I was going to get that done today. 

I was going to get a lot done today, but I didn't.  After getting my plumbing fixed, I was feeling all gung ho about getting some of the stuff done on this house I'd been wanting to do.  I was going to do this...I was going to do that...I just didn't.  The next sort of thing I want to do is to get all these canna lilies dug up and gotten rid of. 

I started digging a few up, but didn't want to over do.  Heh, I should have asked the plumber how much he'd have charged me to dig them all up with his track hoe.  Of course, I think of that after he left. 

You know what?  I think I'm going to quit now.  I'm not even sure I'm being coherent because I'm so tired.  Maybe I'll sleep better tonight and ...wait, tomorrow is Saturday.  Having the day off yesterday has really thrown my schedule out of whack.  

I'm pretty sure that means it's time for bed. 

Good night. 

No comments: