Sunday, October 30, 2022

A Government Operation

Here I was needing some more international stamps so I could mail letters to my international pen pals.  Since my local podunk town in the middle of nowhere Mississippi doesn't always carry international stamps, I usually order them from the website.  

Since I'll be getting my Christmas cards ready soon, while I was on the USPS site, I ordered some new Christmas stamps, too.  My stamps were supposed to be here Tuesday.  Last Tuesday.  As in October 27th Tuesday. 

Somewhere between Memphis and here -- less than 100 miles, mind you -- the post office lost my stamps. 

The Post Office lost my stamps that I ordered from the post office.  To be delivered to my house by the post office!  And they lost them.  

Tell me this isn't a government operation. 

Other than that, not much else went on today.  I watched football (the Cowboys won), and cheesy Hallmark movies, and knit on the scarf.  I always feel like I should have something profound and earth shattering to talk about when I blog, but hey, today it just isn't going to happen.  

It's been cloudy and dreary all day -- even a little chilly, which made it the perfect day to sit inside in front of the TV and knit.  Even more perfect for cheesy Christmas movies. 

I've started watching a channel called Great American Family Channel.  It's on my Frndly.TV app, and it's a more family friendly alternative to Hallmark, since they went woke a few years ago.   Even a lot of the more well known Hallmark actors have moved over to GAC, like Candace Cameron Bure and Danica McKeller.  

I'm not sure if they're exclusive to that channel, or will still do some Hallmark movies, but I've seen a lot of familiar faces on the new channel.  

Well, I guess that's about it for today.  I need to go feed snakes, take a shower, and finish this cheesy Christmas movie. Maybe something worth writing about will happen soon.  

Maybe it won't.  But hey, that's what makes life exciting isn't it? 

2 comments:

Hal Jordan said...

Your stamps must have been marked as "Republican ballots."

Becky G said...

LOL! They must have!