Monday, November 01, 2021

This Cat

 

This cat, I swan.  No, I suwanee.  Which is like I swan, but only ... more.

I let her go outside before bed last night.  No biggie.  I do it all the time.  Only this morning, she didn't come up to the house like she usually does.  I called and called, but she didn't come.  A bit concerning, but she's done it before.  

I really began to get worried when I got home from work this afternoon, and she still wasn't home.  I called her a few times as I filled the bird and squirrel feeders, but she didn't come.  One hour passed, and no kitty.  Two hours --  I walked out into the woods, calling and calling.  Still no kitty. 

I came inside and posted my concern on Facebook. 

My kitty didn't come up to the house this morning, and she wasn't here when I got home from work. I've been out looking and calling, and can't find her. I'm starting to get a bit worried.

One of my friends responded, "Praying your kitty comes home." 

Not two minutes later, there she was at the back door, yowling to come inside. I let her inside, shouting, "Where have you been????", but in typical cat fashion, she ignored me and went straight to her room and began eating.

Now she is snuggled down at my feet in the recliner, napping, and I can breathe again.

Oh, by the way, after I posted last night, I went ahead and moved that plant shelf to the back door, where it usually sits.  See that cat bed on the bottom shelf?  I put that there, but she hasn't gotten into it yet. 

Then I moved the step to the front door, where she can still look out the window.  I think she'll be OK with that.  

Well, now that my heart is beating again, I need to go practice my piano.  

Laters. 

No comments: