Tuesday, November 23, 2021

What Was I Thinking?

No, seriously.  What was I thinking scheduling an eye appointment right in the middle of Thanksgiving week?  

I don't think I was thinking, but be that as it may, my eye appointment is done for another two years.  I got a really cool, funky pair of frames, but you'll have to wait to see them.  I told the girl working there, "I like these.  They're funky.  I'm a little too old for funky, but I do like these."  She agreed with me -- and it seemed genuine, not like she was just trying to make me feel better.  So, those are the ones I got.  It'll take about a week for them to get here.

I also got a new pair of safety glasses for work, but those aren't as interesting.  She pulled out the frames for me to look at, and I picked up a pair and said, 'These look just like the ones I have now."  I don't know if they are, but they're the ones I got. 

 Once that was done, I came home and began frantically cooking and cleaning.  

OK, I'm an introvert, and as such, I'm a serious over-thinker.  Yesterday, I got so worried that I would forget to go to the store after my eye appointment, I went a day early.  (I was actually going to blog about it, but decided it was just a bit too dull, even for my blog.)  Turns out, it's a good thing I did, because Cody really threw me for a loop by deciding to come in tomorrow evening instead of Thursday morning.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're coming, but I'd planned on doing a lot of housecleaning tomorrow that I'm now having to do today.  

I've got the bedroom as clean as it's going to get, but still need to give the bathroom another once-over before they get here, which will be around 7-ish.  I get off at 2:00, so I should have plenty of time.  

I can do my cooking while they're here, but want to get the house clean before they come.  Let me tell you, though, I'm so glad I found that sweet potato pie filling in the freezer.  That's one less thing I have to worry about. I went ahead and baked that pie today, and also started the strawberry jello salad.  I checked my turkey, and it's mostly thawed out.  I'd put the dry brine on it yesterday, so we're good to go there.   Tomorrow, I'll finish the jello salad, make cranberry sauce, and make a pumpkin pie.  The rest I can save for Thursday morning.  

How's your Thanksgiving prep going?  

In other news, my new phone is here, but I haven't activated it yet.  When I went to the store yesterday, I was going to buy a case for it.  Wouldn't you know it, they had cases for every single style of phone except the one I got.  When I got home, I got online and ordered one from Amazon, but it won't get here until tomorrow.  As soon as I get it, I'll break out the new phone and get going with it. 

Well, I guess that's all I have for tonight.  I'll try to check in tomorrow, but if I don't, Happy Thanksgiving to you all!  

P.S.  It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it:





No comments: