Sunday, October 31, 2021

First Fire

It would seem winter has finally decided to pay us a little visit.

It was 45' when I got up this morning, and since I'd gotten a load of firewood delivered yesterday, I decided to splurge and light a fire in my wood box.  


It didn't last long, as it warmed up pretty quickly once the sun came up.  However, it's supposed to get down into the 30s later this week, so there will likely be more fires in the near future.  No, not likely -- definitely.  

By the way, I'm not really pleased with the guy who brought the wood.  Oh, the price was right, and it was good wood -- red oak and hickory, but the dude wanted to cut a hole in my fence so he wouldn't have to walk all the way around to where I store it.  No, you're not cutting a hole in the fence, dude!  If that's going to be a problem, I can always buy wood from someone else. 

In anticipation of the coming cold weather, I took this opportunity to go ahead and bring my outside plants inside.  Well, some of them, at least.  I still need to bring in my hanging plants from the front porch.  


I wasn't quite sure what to do with my Christmas Cacti, though.  I normally put their shelf right there where that step is, but that is where the cat likes to lay and look out the window.  For now, I put them by the front door, 



although I may move them later on.  I'm going to have to when I get the Christmas stuff out, because my living room is pretty small.  I'll probably put them back into their usual spot by the back door, and the cat will just have to live with it.  Squeaky liked to sit on that bottom shelf and look out the window.  Maybe Cutie will like that as well.  Oh, and I'm considering changing her name to Bellatrix.  Not that it matters.  I mostly call her "cat" anyway.  

In knitting news, I'm sure you will all be pleased to know I finished the cowl I've been working on for what seems like forever.  


I haven't washed and blocked it yet, but once I have, I think it will be long enough for the recipient to pull up over her head, in the instance she needs just a bit of warmth on her ears.  Here we see Charlotte modeling the as yet unblocked cowl/wimple.  


I guess that's all I have to talk about today, so I'll leave you with my traditional Halloween prayer: 


Happy Halloween!


No comments: