Monday, November 08, 2021

Houston, We Have A Problem

Here, I haven't even used up all the stationery I have, and what did I do?  I went and bought a new set.


I've already got a set similar to this, of antique looking paper, but this one has one thing the other set doesn't have.  Matching envelopes! 


Plus, it seems to be better paper.  The other stuff I have is kind of slick, so it's easy to smear the ink when you write on it.  This feels more like regular paper.  Now that I have a bunch of new writing paper, it looks like I'm going to have to reactivate my account on the Global Penfriends site, because I'm down to one pen pal.  All the rest have stopped writing.  

In other news, I did rip that scarf back out, and started over.  I got this far, 

and decided I didn't like the way it was knitting up either, so I've set it aside for now, and picked up the sock yarn blanket.  I'm going to take you a progress photo soon, once I've gotten a few more rows done on each.  I'll figure out what to do with the rest of the Jumbo Stripes later.  It made a nice looking hat, so I may knit a few more of those.  

Now for some good news.  We did get off at 2:00 today, but Supervisor said it would be a day to day thing, depending on how far ahead of the lines we are.   I don't like not knowing ahead of time, but it is what it is.  

I'm telling you one thing, the fog was wicked thick here this morning.  It was so thick, I couldn't even see to the end of my headlights, and had to crawl down the highway at some 40 MPH, but I finally made it safely to work.  Once I got there, I felt the need to post a caution:

I'm not saying the fog is thick out there, but if you're hiding in a lighthouse, do not go outside. 

I'm not sure how many of my friends got the reference...

Speaking of work, this is inventory week, so most of the plant will get a very long weekend.  Those of us working inventory will still get a long weekend, and even though doing inventory can be a pain in the butt, it's still a lot like getting free money.  I think the most annoying thing is having to wait so long once you're done before you can go home, but that's part of it. 

One year, we had a new production manager, and he decided we weren't going to just sit around once we were done.  We were going to clean up.  That didn't last long.  I honestly don't think he realized how very long we had to wait between finishing and getting to leave.  Maybe he thought it would be 30 minutes or so, not 6-7 hours.  Which is what it is -- or was back then.  One year, we had to stay so late, they bought us supper.  I couldn't see that happening under the current management.  

Oh, I haven't told you about our new HR director, have I?  She's a real peach, she is.  I don't even know her real name.  We just call her Karen, and it totally fits her.  She's got the attitude.  She's got the personality.  She's even got the Karen hair cut.  Seriously, were do they find these people? 

I don't see her lasting long out there, either.  None of us will miss her. 

No comments: