Thursday, October 28, 2021

Well, That Was Exciting

 What was exciting, you ask?  This:



OK, it's a tornado.  What of it?

What of it?  IT'S IN MY HOMETOWN!  

Here are a few more views of it:


I'd heard about it, but it wasn't until I watched these videos that I realized how close it was to Beverly and James' house.  It's only about 2 miles from them -- and Judy and Bill, of course.  They're all OK, though, and even had a calf born during the middle of the storm.  Appropriately, they named him Tornado. 

There was another tornado in Lake Charles, LA.  Lots of damage, but my friends who live there are both safe.  Mississippi got a tornado as well, but the worst of the severe weather passed to well the south of where I live.  What I got was rain.  Lots and lots of rain.  

I emptied my rain gauge this morning, and it was completely full.  It only goes to 5", so I have no idea how much rain we really got.  Oh yeah, and it's raining again. It is supposed to get down into the upper 40s, but then I told you that yesterday.  

When I get started talking about the weather, I get all geeked out and sometimes can't stop. 

OK, I'll stop now...



No comments: