Monday, October 18, 2021

Home Again, Home Again

Cody and I are back from our quick trip to Texas, and as always, I wish we could have stayed longer. I'll be posting more about the trip in the coming days, but for now, I have to show you my new candles from my friend Kristine's shop.  

Once again, she knocks it out of the park.


Not quite sure who that Brandon guy is, but everyone has really been cheering him on lately...*snickers evilly*

The other candle is one of her Halloween scents.  I think it was out last year, too, but I don't rightly remember.  

Back to Brandon, this candle smells like vanilla ice cream and musty basement.  


It smells a lot better than it sounds.  Seriously.  It does.  

In knitting news, I got this far on my cowl while I was gone.  


I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to make it.  I want it to be long enough that whoever receives it can pull it up over her head -- which means it'll need to be about twice as long as it is now.  What I'm probably going to do is wind about 25 yards from the opposite end to make a square in my blanket, then just knit until I run out of yarn.  

In the meantime, here are some cousins just having a bit of fun.  


Cory is Beverly's great grandson, and his parents have talked about how he just isn't into sports and that they wish he'd be more active and outdoorsy.  Part of the problem is he doesn't really have any friends his age down there.  They moved to Texas just as the pandemic was starting, so he spent the first year there doing virtual school.  Now he's in school, but hasn't really made many friends.  There are some kids in the neighborhood where he lives, but Shelbi doesn't want him hanging around with them, because they'd be a bad influence on Cory.  Other than his much younger sisters, he's pretty isolated.  

When we were there in May for my mother's memorial, he got out with my nephews Joshua and Paul, and they tossed a baseball around.   Cory seemed to really enjoy that.  This time, Cody asked him if he had a football.  He said he'd get out there and throw it with Cory, but alas, Cory had no football.   So, what did Cory do?  He got on the phone and asked his dad to buy him a football, which dad happily did.  

The next day, Cody got out there and they spent all afternoon playing football, which tickled his parents to no end. Then Cory came in and Beverly and I helped him with a paper he had to write for school.  I got to tell him a little WWII history, which totally geeked me out. 

Him, not so much, but it did help him with his paper. 

Alas, all good times must come to an end, and it's back to work tomorrow.  Sigh...


No comments: