Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Straight To Winter

It looks like I'm going to be cranking the ol' wood stove up this weekend after all.


I got out after work and brought up some wood, but I still need to get more.  I've been checking the FB yard sales groups, but right now, all the wood I see is a bit too rich for my blood.  One of them wants $250 per cord, PLUS a $50 delivery fee.  I can't do that.  I'm going to keep looking, though.  Sooner or later, I'll find something.  

Good thing is, I managed to get my vacation day straightened out.  I don't know what the issue was, but I had to go up to HR and get them to enter it manually, after getting my supervisor to approve it, that is.  I knew he would, because I'd already discussed it with him, so I'm good to go for both this weekend and inventory weekend.  

Now, if you know anything about our HR department, you'll know how difficult it is to deal with them.  When I told my friend I was going to run up to HR, she said, "Blessings be up on you!"  She knows...I was lucky, thought.  The least unpleasant one was the only one up there, and she took care of my problem with barely and attitude.   

So, one of my coworkers stopped our Director of Operations, and asked him why she couldn't have her cup of coffee in the mornings, and do you know what he told her?  No, of course you don't, so I'm going to tell you.  He told her that wasn't his decision.  That it had come down from corporate.  

In the famous words of Colonel Sherman T. Potter. 


I don't know how stupid he thinks we are, but I've got news for him.  Ain't nobody buying that lie.  I'm wondering how in the world he even got that job, if he can't even own up to the decisions he made.  I don't think he's going to last very long out there.

And finally, I leave you with one very comfortable kitty. 

 


No comments: