Saturday, October 02, 2021

What The Yarn Wants

 I think the yarn wants to be a cowl.  

In the meantime, I asked the yarn if at least part of it wanted to be a blanket square, and the yarn happily agreed.  I found the blanket and got it out to add a square, that's when I discovered I already had a square in progress.  

Now I know why I couldn't find my other size 3 needle when I needed it.  When I needed my needle...get it?  OK, never mind.  I can't even blame sleep deprivation this time, because I slept until nearly 6:00 AM this morning.    

Moving right along, 

I finished the square I'd already started, then knitted the new one.

By the time I was finished, I was pretty sure the yarn was telling me it wants to be a cowl, but the ball games had started.  As usual, I had one game going on the TV, and one on my laptop, so I couldn't search for a pattern.  

Speaking of football, Texas held on to win a nailbiter.  Hook 'Em.

Navy came from behind to win a nailbiter, for their first notch in the W column this season.  Beat Army.  


As of this writing, LSU is locked in a nailbiter with Auburn.  Geaux Tigers. 

All in all, it's been a good weekend for football, and will be real good if LSU figures out how to tackle Bo Nix.  Best of all, those obnoxious Alabama fans had to listen to Gary.  He he he...Now, back to knitting...

My friend Amy commented on my last blog post about wanting to start a scarf for when she needed some mindless knitting.  Naturally, I did what any red blooded knitter would do.  I dug out my mindless scarf and resumed knitting on it for a little while.  


It's real good for mindlessness.

And finally, on this date in 1835, The Battle of Gonzales was fought when the Mexican government demanded the Texians return the canon they'd given them.  The Texians refused, and in what later became known as Texas Lexington, the Texas Revolution began. 


Now, I'm down to one ball game at a time, so I'm off to search cowl patterns.  

Laters. 








1 comment:

Otter said...

So, after all those nailbiter games, do you have any nails left? LOL
Did I tell you I saw that cannon in person and was shocked at how small it is? I think it and Fred are neck and neck on size. Such a wee little thing to make such a big statement.