Tuesday, September 07, 2021

Well, Poop! ...Again

 Those of you with memories better than mine may recall I'd been knitting a hat, and it turned out way too big.  You may also recall, I cast on a smller one yesterday, and began knitting the ribbing.  Normally, I knit the ribbing on a smaller needle so it will fit more snugly.  Sometime yesterday evening, I finished the ribbing and reached for my larger needles to begin the body.  That's when I noticed the larger needle looked a bit small.  It looked smaller than the  small needle.  I grabbed my handy dandy needle gauge and...well poop! 
 
I'd grabbed the wrong needle.  I'd done the ribbing on my size 4, instead of the size 3 I'd intended to use.  Sigh...

My first inclination was to rip it all back and start over, but I managed to talk myself down off that ledge.  The fabric looked fine, and it seems pretty snug, so I decided to keep it, and just do the body on size 5s.   I think it'll be OK like that. 



After a holiday weekend that was still way too short, when that alarm went off at 3:30 this morning...let me tell you, after being able to sleep in until 5:30 for three days, it was quite a shock.  I did not want to get out of bed, but someone has to feed all these animals, so out of bed I got and off to work I went. 

After a work day that seemed to last forever, I ran into town to pay some bills and do my little bit of shopping.  I stopped off by the Little Free Library, and good news!  It was stuffed full, mostly of children's books.  There wasn't even any room for the books I'd planned on putting into it, and I think that's fantastic.  I'll just ride my books around in the back seat for another month.  They won't mind.  

My last stop for the day was Walmart to get a new wreath for my front door.  Alas, they didn't have any that I really liked, so I left empty handed.  As far as wreaths go, I mean.  I didn't find any picks for my lamp things, either, so that was a bust, too.  I didn't even find any fresh potpourri.  OK, I forgot to look for the potpourri until I was on the way out the door, but still...

What I did find was these:


Each pack wasn't but .97 cents, so I got three of them.  The plan is to put the pumpkins and gourd looking things into this bowl, 



and dump the old potpourri out.   In the meantime, I moved this to the front door just to give it some color. 


I'm debating on going up to Joann's in Southaven and seeing what they have up there.  Or maybe I'll go to Walmart or Lowe's in Batesville.  They might have something I like there.  

And finally, a couple of bits of good news.  First up, more of my spider lilies are showing their heads.


And I've had word the maintenance man seems to be doing better.  Remember the one who has COVID and has been on a ventilator for the last week?  They said they tried a different antibiotic and he seems to have turned a corner.  

Let's hope it continues...











No comments: