Friday, September 24, 2021

All That Didn't Happen

 I love fall.  

I love everything about it.  The cool, crisp mornings and warm, but not too hot afternoons.  The colors.  The smells.  The holidays...

But I think  the thing I love most is using my vacation days to take three day weekends for the last three months of the year.  And today, yes today was the first of those vacation days.  

It was actually chilly enough this morning I needed to break out the flannel pants for a bit, but never got so warm I had to close the doors and windows and turn on the A/C.  All in all, the weather was just about as perfect as it gets.  

I had so many plans for my day off.  I was going to call the plumber.  I was going to get the washing machine fixed.  I was going to find an oral surgeon.  I was going to do so much stuff...In the end, none of that happened.  None of it. 

Today, I was a cat. 

Except for laundry and dishes.  Those were my  accomplishments for the day.  Laundry and dishes.  

The most exciting thing that happened was I got some new candles from my friend Kristine's shop.  She has a new one out called Writer's Nook, and the minute she posted it, I knew I had to have it.  That was a good call, because it smells soooo good.  It might just be my favorite (non Christmas) of her candles.  Cutie approves, too.  


She wasn't too happy when I put the other three up there for the photo, though.  


"Do you mind?  I'm trying to nap here!"  

The other three are some I've bought before, and that I've bought them again ought to tell you everything you need to know.  The Gaudete on the far left, get that one.  Do not pass GO.  Do not collect $200.  Just get it. I think that one is my all time favorite candle of hers, and that's not an easy achievement to attain.  She has so many good smelling things.  

Well, I was finally able to get the cat a bed of her own.  I've been looking, but Walmart has been out of them for a while.  Supply chain issues and all that.  Thanks, Joe.  And all of you who voted for him.  


I'd gotten one for Squeaky a while back, but gave it away after she went to that great litterbox in the sky.  Of course, at the time, I hadn't planned on getting another cat, but then life happened.  My reasoning is that if Cutie had a bed of her own, she wouldn't be napping on my piano bench all the time, and it seems to be working.  She took to it right away.  It took the Squeaker several weeks before she'd even get into hers.   

And lastly, I was finally able to eat my Harvest Moon cookies, just a few days late.  


But it still counted.  






2 comments:

Otter said...

I got My Pillow pet beds...two of them. The dog rarely uses them and sleeps either on the sofa or my hubby's lap. But Fred loves them. I see him sprawled out on one most of the time.
I am going to have to check out those candles. To heck with Kim's austerity needs. I need special things occasionally.

Otter said...

Oh crap! Trying to pick just one candle out. How in the blue blazes do I do that??? I want this one, and that one, oh, and that one......