Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Quick Post

This'll be a quickie, because I'm really tired.  The good news is, we came through the hurricane unscathed.  Just a few small limbs and twigs down, and about 4" inches of rain at my house.   They were predicting 6" - 10", so they weren't too far off.  The bad news is, Larry has formed out in the South Atlantic.  The bad news is, now we have Larry out there, and he is expected to strengthen into a hurricane during the overnight hours. 

I'm telling you right now, if he brings Darrell and Darrell with him, I'm outta here!

In the unbelievable news, while we were all watching Ida, Julian and Kate both formed and dissipated, and nobody even noticed...except us certified weather geeks.  Or certifiable...whichever...

In more bad news, there has been three new COVID cases in the department out at work, but on second shift.  One of the brazers and two TXV builders were diagnosed Monday.  Oh, and the maintenance man is still down in Jackson on a ventilator with his lungs full of blood clots.  It doesn't look good for him, but here's hoping he can fight through it.  

But the good news is, they're giving us this weekend off!  Hallelujer!  Praise da Lort!

What I plan on doing --other than knitting and a whole lot of sitting -- is to finish organizing my pantry area.  I cleaned off a third shelf for canned goods, 

and some three days later, I realized I should have organized them by expiration dates, so that the older ones are towards the front, and I can use them up first.  Maybe that will be one of my weekend projects.  That, and putting out my fall decorations.  Because, oh yeah!  It's the first day of meteorological fall!  

Anyway, I think I'm going to clean off that bottom shelf and store my bread machine and some emergency bottles of water on it, and my little pantry area will be complete.  Except for finding places to put all the stuff I dragged off those shelves to begin with, that is.  

And lastly, the charging port on my Kindle 10 is messing up.  The charger isn't making good contact or something, so even though it looks like it's plugged in, it might not be actually charging. I mean, it is 4-ish years old after all.  Until I decide whether I want to spring for a replacement, or hold out for a new model, I got out my old 8 and charged it up.  I'm still using my 10 for the less battery intensive things, but for the games with complex graphics, I've moved them to my 8.  

On a whim, I also got out my very first Fire.  It's so teensy compared to the other two, but it's cute as can be.  



I remember when I first got it, using my Christmas money back in 2014.  I was so proud to have it, and it still has a special place in my heart. 

As much as a piece of electronics can, I mean.    

No comments: