Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Shine On

 Shine on Harvest moon, up in the sky.

Well, I didn't make it out to the lake to watch the Harvest moon rise.  I'd actually gotten into my car and driven about half way there, but when I got close enough to have cleared all the trees -- almost out to the airport-- I saw a heavy bank of low clouds along the eastern horizon.  Hmmmm...

I stopped at a stop sign and sat there contemplating those clouds.  I thought, "By the time the moon clears those clouds, it'll be just about clear of the trees out at the house.  On the other hand, those clouds could break up.  Or maybe they couldn't.  But maybe they will..."

I sat there for a good long minute, debating on whether to go on out to the lake, or to just go back home.  Then I said to myself, "You know you still have to get up at 3:30 in the morning."  And with that, the decision was made for me.  I turned around and went back home.

Where I watched the moon rise from my front yard. 





 After which, I came inside and drank my traditional mug of hot chocolate -- even though it was 80 something degrees outside.  

My photos didn't turn out so great, because it was so steamy the telescope lens kept fogging up.  Even my glasses fogged up.  And I got eat up by mosquitoes.  But it's tradition.  It's one of the oldest family traditions I can remember.  So I carried on.  

By the way, three more employees have come down with COVID.  Two of them are brazers.  Line brazers yes, but still, they're brazers.  And when I say "so and so has got the COVID", remember, that's only the ones I hear about.   I'm sure there are a lot more. 

Finally, I feel I need to issue a clarification.  Apparently it was only the one HR person who didn't know about the maintenance man's passing.  We got to work Friday, and his picture still wasn't up on the screen, so that time, we asked the person in charge of putting stuff up onto the screens -- like we should have done in the first place.  

She told us the screens were not working.  She had something all ready to put up, just as soon as they got the screens fixed, which they did, and his memorial was up Saturday when we got there. 

Still, her desk is like two steps away from the other HR person, and she couldn't have mentioned to her?  Yeah, lack of communication is a big, big problem out there. 

It always has been.  

No comments: