Friday, September 10, 2021

I Did Some Tweaking

It's a good thing I had a vacation day today.  I did not sleep at all last night.  I was so upset about the maintenance man...and then dealing with the stupidity on FB...  

If I had received better news about him -- like that he hadn't died -- I would have showed you my new yarn from my friend Leann's store.  These are from her new 2021 Fall collection, and are just two of the stunningly gorgeous colorways she makes.  The one on the left is Toasted Marshmallow, and the one on the right is Foliage. 


She really needs to stop coming up with such beautiful yarn, because I want it all!

This morning, after tossing and turning most of the night, I slept in until 7:00, and it felt wonderful.  It was actually a bit chilly, and that made the coffee taste even better.  The best part is, it was cool enough to leave the back door open for a while, and the animals could come and go as they pleased without me having to get up from the chair every five minutes to open the door for them.  It didn't last long, though, as by noon, it was warm enough for the air conditioner to come on and I needed to shut the door. 

While I was enjoying my seasonal weather, it inspired me to do some tweaking with my Fall Decorations.  If you'll recall, I'd bought some mini pumpkins and squash, and was going to put them my ceramic pumpkin bowl.  However, once I'd tossed the potpourri and put the gourds in there, I realized I didn't really like the way it looked. 


It was too orange, if there is such a thing.  Not enough contrast, as it were.  What to do?  What to do?  I'd already tossed the potpourri, and wasn't about to dig it back out of the garbage just to fill a decorative bowl.  Suddenly, I had a flash of inspiration.  The vase!  I'd put potpourri into the vase!  

I got the aforementioned vase down and moved the potpourri that was in it into the bowl, then put the fake gourds into the vase.  That gives me a little pop of color on top of that shelf. 


Unfortunately, also this morning, my Kindle finally gave up the ghost.  Or, rather, the charging port gave up the ghost.  The Kindle works just fine.  It just won't charge.  I tried and tried and the USB wouldn't make contact, and therefore,  no charge.  I got onto Amazon and did the trade-in thing, then ordered me a new one.  It's supposed to arrive tomorrow, but since I did the trade in, I had pack up the old one, abd to go into town to ship it off.  

By the way, we have a UPS store in town now.  I didn't have to drive all the way to Batesville.  I debated on going up to Batesville anyway, to go to Lowe's, but in the end, I decided I was too tired, and just went to the Walmart here in town.  The first thing I saw when I walked in was


a new wreath for my front door!  It's big and bright enough you can see it from the street, and adds that just right touch.  Now, my scarecrows are back on my car port door where they belong 


and all is right in the world.  Well, the world of my Fall decorations, that is. 

That was my excitement for the day, unless you count my new mail box door arriving.  


I didn't even take it inside.  I opened the package right there on the street and put it onto my mailbox.  Hopefully, this one will survive, unless we have another hurricane.  Or somebody runs into it and knocks it off.  At least now I know where I can order a replacement if I need another one. 

Once I got back home from town, I pretty much spent the rest of the day watching TV, practicing the piano, and knitting.  


The hat is making progress.  The cat sawing logs.  OK, then, moving right along...

One of these days, I'm going to do a whole post about my piano progress, but for now, let me just say, I've gotten Suzette back out to help me practice.  


Since I got the cat, I've been having to keep her put away, because Cutie thinks she's a toy.  The intent was to get her out when I sat down to practice, but I keep forgetting.  Today, I finally remembered.  She was glad to listen to my practice, too.  Just as the real Suzie would have been.  

And finally, when you by dog food, but forgot you bought dog food, so you buy more dog food, you end up with a lot of dog food. 



At least Jesse won't go hungry.   

1 comment:

Otter said...

It was low 60's here this morning. I had to put pants on and dig up a light jacket for my walk. Loved it!!!
LeAnn is killing me with these colorways. I have a ton of her yarn due to being in a yarn club, plus the times she has a showing in my area and I have to go see her and buy yarn. I can't run up and visit with her without buy a skein or two or......