Monday, August 02, 2021

Random Thoughts Of A Monday Evening

1.  Let's start with the good news.  I found someone to cut my grass!  The girl I told you about Saturday came out, looked around and quoted me a price.  I thanked her for her time, but told her I just couldn't afford to pay that much.  That's the conundrum.  The ones who show up and do a good job are out of my budget, and the ones I can afford are unreliable.  

Anyway, I told her I appreciated that she needed to make it worth her while, but it was just a bit out of my budget.  So, she cut me a deal.  She said since mowing season is almost over, she'd do it for a whole lot less.  Yay!  I don't have to mow any more...well, this year at least.  

2.  I've made progress on the lace shawl. 


Then I made regress.  I was trying to watch equestrian events at the Olympics and messed something up.  Try as I might, I couldn't figure out where my mistake was, so I ended up having to rip back to the previous lifeline to get things straightened out. Once I'd done that, I set the complicated lace aside and picked up this mindless scarf to work on. 


3.  Next May, my son will be attending his 10 year high school reunion.  OK, I don't know exactly when the reunion will be, but next May, it will be 10 years since he graduated high school.  Hard to believe, isn't it?  Even harder to believe, I'm still buying notebooks.


I have an ibotta rebate.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 

4.  We had another COVID case out at the plant today.  I don't know who it is, because they don't tell us any more.  The only reason I know about this one is because it is someone who works over with Group Leader Shark's boyfriend, and I heard her telling someone he had to go get tested.  

5.  It's also one year ago today that I found out one of my close friends from college had died of COVID.  

6.  There is something else I wanted to tell you, but I can't remember what it was.  I'll probably remember as soon as I hit publish. 

7.   In the meantime, I got a new shirt.


I've wanted one ever since I saw that guy on that sports network wearing one. I finally decided it was time to get it.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it's an iron on transfer, not a screen print.  I'll have to be very careful washing it.  Good thing it gives washing instructions:  


8.  I guess that's it for today.  I'm going to go practice my piano, then go to bed.  

9.  Laters.  


No comments: