Tuesday, August 17, 2021

I Remembered!

Last night after I went to bed, I remembered what else it was I was going to tell you in yesterday's blog.  I figured I'd probably forget by morning, though, so I didn't think too much about it. 

This morning, I remembered what else it was I was going to tell you in yesterday's blog.  Oh, boy!  I'll type out a rough draft just as soon as I get ready for work.

By the time I got ready for work, I'd forgotten again.  Sigh...

So, let's talk about something I do remember:  knitting.   I'm slowly but surely making progress on my Garden Party shawl. 


I'd have probably made more progress if I hadn't had to keep ripping out, but we're getting there. I've also cast on something new.


Can you guess what it is?  You'll see soon enough.  

In piano news, I was watching one of the videos from Mr. Let's Play Piano, and he said something so profound.  He said, "The point is not to zoom through the book as fast as you can."  He said if you like a song, go back and play it as much as you want.  Music is meant to be enjoyed.  

With that in mind, I went back and marked some of my favorite songs from the Alfred's Level One book with sticky notes, so I can play them over and over again.  


I'm almost through with this book -- again.  I just wish I weren't so tired all the time.  

There's been something going around the plant, besides COVID, I mean.  A couple of the brazers on B shift were throwing up last week.  I'm not, but I am wondering if I've picked up what they had.  I'm not nauseated or running fever or anything.  I just feel run down and lacking in energy. 

Speaking of COVID, I'm guessing there was another case in the plant today.  Like I've said before, they don't tell us any more.  The only way we know is when we see the cleaning man go by with his little bottle of disinfectant spray.  I don't know where he went with it, but I saw him go by.  

Well, I'm trying to be interesting and all, but it just isn't happening.  

I'm blaming sleep deprivation -- which I'm blaming on the cat.  I tried to let her stay inside last night, but it didn't work.  Along about 9:30, she started yowling and didn't stop until I'd put her outside.  Maybe one day she'll settle down enough I can leave her inside.  

Oh, and one thing I forgot to tell you.  All my snakes have had birthdays this year.  I don't remember their hatch dates, though.  I just remember the latest one was in August, so they're all a year older, which makes Blaze 16, and Onyx, Snow, Sunset, and Slider are all 17 years old. 

Happy Birthday to all my slithery critters!  

Oh!  I remembered what it was I'd wanted to tell you!  I've joined Bloglovin, so if you're on there, I have a follow button in the right sidebar.  You can also follow me on Feedly, if you're so inclined.  

That said, good night all.  I'm going to bed. 






No comments: