Monday, August 16, 2021

Monday Miscellany

I'm still tired, by the way.  

I was thisclose to calling in and just taking a day off, but I didn't.  Funny, because another one of the brazers told me the same thing.  She'd actually gotten back into bed...then got back up and came on in to work.  Probably a good thing, because five brazers were out today, and a sixth left at lunch.   

I'd told her I used to do that all the time, but the older I get, the harder it is for me to take a break, even though that one day off isn't enough to get rested up.  Especially because I have to spend that day catching up on all the chores I didn't have time to do during these long, long work weeks. 

 

In other news, I've mentioned before that COVID is hitting Mississippi pretty hard here lately.  Dr. Dobbs said it was like getting hit by a tsunami.  He health department puts out the numbers on their website every day, but today, the local hospital put out their numbers:


As for Jackson, I'd mentioned in my last post they'd set up a field hospital in the parking garage down there, and they'd applied for the Navy Hospital Ship Comfort to come.  That request was denied by the federal government.  However, another request made to the private sector was not.  

Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse arrived yesterday with their mobile field hospital and began setting up.  


Thank you, Samaritan's Purse, and thank you Franklin Graham!  The Governor thanks you, too. 


I guess that's about it for today.  I had a bunch more stuff I'd wanted to talk about, but right now, I can't think of any of it.  That seems to be a pattern here lately.

I'm blaming sleep deprivation.  

Because usually it is sleep deprivation.  


That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 












No comments: