Sunday, August 22, 2021

Bleh...

 Bleh...

I don't know what's wrong with me -- I mean, other than being completely and utterly exhausted.  But then, I'm like that at this point every year.  I think it's worse this year, because so many people have quit out at the plant, and they can't seem to find any new hires to take their places.  Hmmm, can't imagine why.  All that means to me is we're probably not going to get any Saturdays of, unless you have vacation, like I do.  

Still, I feel like all the life has gone out of me.  I don't want to do anything but sit. I'm even having to make myself practice my piano.  I just don't have any energy, and what little energy I do have is usually spent letting something with fur either in or out, then back in, then back out, ad infinitum.  As if that weren't enough, the cat decided to wake me up at 3:30 this morning.  I put her back out, but after an hour of tossing and turning, unable to get back to sleep, I got on up and started my day.  

Despite my fatigue, I did get a few things done on my one lonely day off.  My big project for the weekend, besides normal chores, that is, was to get another shelf cleaned off for my pantry area.

I'm not sure how many more shelves I'm going to turn into pantry space.  We'll just have to play it by ear.  I know I want to put by some more canned goods, but right now, I'm not sure how much I want to stock up on. 

I also hung my hummingbird feeder back up.  I'd taken it down a while back, because the birds didn't seem to be feeding from it, and the ants were getting into it.  Fall migration should be starting soon, if it hasn't already, and they'll want some energy.  At least they can have some, even if I don't. 

My other big project was to put down some grub killing stuff in my yard.  


I got two bags of it, because I'll want to put some out in the spring as well.  I'd bought the stuff last week, but decided to wait until after the girl had come to mow to put it out.  It was raining Monday, so she didn't come until Tuesday.  It was raining when I got off Wednesday and Thursday, so those days were out.  Friday is payday errand day, and I was too tired after I got home to fool with it, so Saturday it was.  

That ended up being good timing, because it rained Saturday night, and the stuff got soaked in really well.  This morning, the cat killed a mole.  Not a vole, but an honest to goodness mole.  I'm guessing it was above ground looking for something to eat, because this stuff kills their food source.  I don't care why.  One less mole is one less thing digging up my yard. 

I'll even let the cat off the hook for napping in my microwave stand.


And in Cody's computer desk...


By the way, that model steamboat behind the cat is one my dad put together.  For some reason, my mother thought I needed to have it, so she sent it to me several years ago.  It's getting more and more broken up, but I can't bring myself to toss it. Same with the RC sailboat I started building back when I was in the Navy.  I don't even know where the rest of the parts are, but I can't bring myself to throw it out.  I keep saying one day I'll finish it.  After 30 years, I know better, but I still can't get rid of it. 

Now, I know some of you are going to be hooting and hollering that Fall doesn't start until September 22, but I observe meteorological seasons in addition to astronomical ones.  That means, for me, Fall starts next Wednesday.  So, no it is not too early to put out my new decoration. 


I don't usually buy new things until after I've gotten all the stuff I already have put out, but that little jug was just so cute, I couldn't resist.  Add a few autumn leaf picks from the craft department, and voila' -- instant decoration. Oh, and look what else I did:


Yes, I wrapped the first Christmas present!  I bought this one several weeks ago, I just hadn't gotten around to wrapping it.   I've got another one ready to wrap, but I don't have the right sized box for it.  I think I might do the giant gift bag thing for that one.  That way, if I have to mail it, it'll be a lot easier to stuff into a shipping box in a bag.  

I'll have to get with Cody and see if he wants to go to Texas this year or not.  It'll all depend on his work schedule, I guess.   


1 comment:

Otter said...

My crew like to bring their kills in the house. I understand their need to show off or present Mom with food, but gimme a break!