Thursday, August 26, 2021

Numb

 Have you ever been so tired you just felt numb?  Not just mentally, but physically as well?  That's where I am all the time now.  I've been so tired for so long, I don't even remember what it's like not to be tired.  

This is why my piano practice is suffering.  I'm so tired it takes more energy than I have just to pick my arms up to play.   My friend at work told me to take a day off and take a break, but I can't do that until I figure out what we're going to have to do about this broken tooth.  If Dr.  Horan thinks he can extract it, then yes, but if I have to go to an oral surgeon, I'll have to get a point for that, because my days off are already scheduled.  Unless...I can get an appointment on a day I already have off.   But I hate using my vacation days for medical stuff.  What choice do I have, though?  

Other friends are telling me I need to quit that job, but not one of them has stepped up and volunteered to pay my bills so that I can.  Funny how that works, huh?

This morning, I had to go to the back breakroom to get ice, because the machine up front was empty, and I saw someone had put a black ribbon on Miss Nancy's office door. 


It was like a punch in the gut.  They had to move the maintenance man down to Jackson, where he is in ICU on a ventilator.  I haven't heard anything more about him. 

But there is hope.  Dr. Byers of the health department says hospitalizations are starting to level off -- but cautions us to remember that two days does not a trend make.  The governor said in his last press conference that if our surge follows the same pattern as other surges he's studied in the U.K, Israel, Missour-uh, and Arkansas, new cases will drop off as quickly as they spiked.  

I so hope this is almost over.  I'm getting pretty weary of watching people I care about suffer and die from this thing.  

The only other thing I have to share with you this evening is my Lantanas. 


I didn't realize until I'd uploaded the picture that it's not focused, but you're just going to have to live with it.  I'm too tired to go take another one. 

And finally, I leave you with hat progress:


Oh, and I almost forgot, we've got a hurricane coming.

They've just announced it's strengthened into Tropical Storm Ida, and is expected to make landfall as cat 2 or 3 hurricane by early next week.  Looks like I'm finally going to get to light my candle after all.



No comments: