Friday, July 02, 2021

It’s Friday!

 I'm free!  Until Tuesday, at least.  

Today was the first day of my extra long weekend, and the first thing I did was to sleep until 6:30.  After getting up at 3:30 for all these months, it felt wonderful.  Since I'd gone and done my in-town errands after work yesterday, I had absolutely nothing to do today.  Well, nothing I needed to do, rather.  

What I did do was to finish another washcloth, and cast on a third -- which I didn't take a picture of. 


This one, because I'm using up leftover partial balls, I ran out of yarn just before I finished.  I started to leave it with a blunt corner, but I didn't.  I dug out the leftover yarn from the last cloth I knit, and finished the whole thing.  It's a slightly different color, but these are for my own use, so it doesn't really matter that much.  Besides, cotton doesn't hold dye like wool, and with repeated laundering, it'll fade to pretty much colorless soon anyway.  

Once I'd finished that, yes, I did...I hitched up my britches and got out and mowed.  It was hot out there, I'm telling ya.  It took lots of ice water and quite a few breaks in the air conditioning, but I got 'er done.  I even weedeated the front.  Not the back, though.  I have a hate-hate relationship with my weedeater.  Not a love-hate, a hate-hate.  

I hate the thing, mostly because I can't figure out how to wind new string on the spool so that it feeds when you bump the knob thing on the ground.  To get new string, I have to shut the thing off, unscrew the knob, manually roll out more line, then put it all back together.  As a result, I don't weedeat all that often. And yes, I know it's me not winding it correctly.  When I buy the pre-loaded replacement spools, it works just fine, but I can't keep buying new spools all the time.  

It looks like I might get a few blooms in my wildflower bed after all. 


Those will probably  be the only blooms I get, as it appears grass has already started taking over the little bed. 

And lastly, yes, you absolutely can make a grilled cheese sandwich in an air fryer.  Turned out pretty good, too.  

That was my lazy Friday.  How was yours?









1 comment:

RBJ said...

I was busy preparing food for the weekend. I have ribs with dry rub in the crockpot. Hubby will put them on the grill with bbq sauce after he comes home from work. I made coleslaw to sit for a day in the fridge. I made hamburger patties. I also had to grind ham and make ham salad for hubby’s lunches. I usually make up a week’s worth of lunches at a time. I cooked bacon in the air fryer for breakfasts this weekend. We will have ribs, coleslaw, grilled corn on the cob, fried zucchini, and onion rings on Saturday. Sunday after church, I will reheat hamburgers and hot dogs that hubby grills after the ribs, and we will have leftover zucchini and onion rings reheated in the air fryer. He will have porkn beans and I will eat another piece of corn. He doesn’t have much time to eat between morning church and going to work. Monday, we will eat any of the leftovers whenever we get hungry. Thankfully, hubby has Monday off. He works at Lowe’s Friday nights, Saturdays (time varies), and Sundays after lunch. We are praying he will be able to quit Lowe’s after the first of the year. His job as chaplain at a state prison is stressful enough, without adding disgruntled customers in the seasonal department all weekend.
I knit dishcloths like that. I love them. I give them as gifts often with dish towels that I cut in half and crochet a top that lets you attach them to a drawer handle,