Thursday, July 08, 2021

Thursday Miscellany

 There I was at work, just a working away, when I had to go to the computer.  I don't even remember what for, but it doesn't matter.  On a whim, as I'm sometimes wont to do, I went to the company home page to see who had a birthday today, and that's when I saw it.  A name...Valkyrie.  

Someone had named her child Valkyrie.  She'd even spelled it correctly.  

Immediately, I had questions.  Who names a child Valkyrie?  I'm assuming it was a girl child, but was it?  Would someone have named a boy Valkyrie?  Did the mother even know what that name means?  Did she know what a Valkyrie is?  

Alas, none of those questions found answers, but what I did find was my earworm for the day...Wagner.  

That song always gives me a Fantasia like image of the Valkyrie flying from Odin's hall, on their way to do what Valkyrie do...

I so wanted to play it for the birthday...girl...or whatever, but nobody seemed to know who she was.  


Jesse would like you to know that he also has whiskers.


Back in May, when we were all home for my mother's memorial, I just happened to catch my nephew Paul teaching my nephew Joshua to throw a ball.  




It was a very sweet moment between cousins.  These are the times we miss, being so far apart as we are.  








No comments: